- One G-Pass to Def Leppard with Styx and Tesla
- When: Friday, July 17, at 7 p.m.
- Where: DTE Energy Music Theatre
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the venue layout
- $20 for early-discount general admission lawn (up to $35.60 value) [Limited tickets available at this special price]
- $25 for general admission lawn (up to $35.60 value)
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Members of Def Leppard: vocalist Joe Elliott, guitarist Vivian Campbell, guitarist Phil Collen, bassist Rick “Sav” Savage, and drummer Rick Allen
- Def Leppard singles that will inspire a crowd sing-along: “Pour Some Sugar on Me,” “Love Bites,” “Armageddon It”
- Breakout hit: “Bringin’ On the Heartbreak” from 1981’s High ‘n’ Dry
- Album that sold more than 20 million copies worldwide: 1987’s Hysteria
- Organizations the band supports and have partnered with: USO, Hiring Our Heros, Project Resiliency/The Raven Drum Foundation, Wounded Warriors
- What else fans can expect: Pyrotechnics. Lots of pyrotechnics.
- Styx’s name: in Greek mythology, it’s the river between Earth and Hades, and the only moniker the band could agree upon when they formed
- 16: the number of Top 40 singles they’ve released
- Founding members still in Styx: guitarist/vocalist Tommy Shaw, bassist Chuck Panozzo, and guitarist/vocalist James “J.Y.” Young. Vocalist/keyboardist Lawrence Gowan steps in for Dennis DeYoung
- Styx showstoppers: “Renegade,” “Come Sail Away”
- 1984: the year Tesla first formed in Sacramento
- 1989: the year the band truly broke out with the double-platinum album The Great Radio Controversy, which included the hit singles “Heaven’s Trail (No Way Out)” and “Love Song”
- The power of Tesla: blistering arena rock driven by a down-to-earth, anti-glam aesthetic
- The lineup: original members Jeff Keith, Frank Hannon, Brian Wheat and Troy Luccketta along with new guitarist Dave Rude