- $35 for one ticket to see Defending the Caveman starring Vince Valentine (up to $65 value)
- When: select dates, August 28–September 27
- Where: Penn’s Landing Playhouse
- Seating: best available
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Discounted parking is provided, subject to availability, in the Delaware River Waterfront Corporation Lot next door to the Museum for $10 (cash only) beginning two hours before the performance. Handicapped spaces are available, and the parking fee includes two bottles of water from the concession stand.
Defending the Caveman
A lone man takes shelter in his cave, and with a scratch of his chest hair, begins to ruminate on the longest war humankind has ever waged: the battle of the sexes. Philosophizing on everything from contemporary feminism to the erogenous zone, he dissects the nuances of the male and female relationship with warmth and humor. Rob Becker’s uproarious script—informed by an informal three-year study of anthropology, sociology, and prehistory—blends casual observations, such as a woman’s tendency to dominate her man’s closet, with hypothetical situations, such as men talking about what makes them cry as they pump iron, for an evening where neither gender is spared.
After being crowned the longest-running solo show in Broadway history—as well as the longest-running Broadway show in Vegas history—Defending the Caveman continues its quest for world domination with performances throughout the country and across the globe. The New York Times called the play “a nationwide comic phenomenon,” while the Boston Globe hailed it as “perceptive…witty…sweetly understanding.”
211 S Columbus Blvd.
Independence Seaport Museum
Philadelphia, PA 19106Get Directions