Folk wisdom about looking a gift horse in the mouth is obsolete, now that horses are no longer bred to belch blinding ammonia. Enjoy improved equine exhalations with this GrouponLive deal.
- $6 for two tickets for a horseracing event ($12 value)
- When: any race between Friday, November 7, and Sunday, November 30; click to see the schedule.
- Where: Del Mar Thoroughbred Club
- Seating: general-admission. Seat not included.
- Door time: two hours before event time
- Ticket values include all fees; parking not included.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Children 17 and under receive free admission and must be accompanied by an adult. Must attend races before entering day-of post-race concerts to avoid additional $20 fee; Groupon is not valid only for concerts. Fee will be applied if entering after last race of the day.
Del Mar Thoroughbred Club
Ever since Bing Crosby greeted the first guest to walk through its gates in 1937, Del Mar Thoroughbred Club has infused San Diego summers with the rhythmic clacking of competing Thoroughbreds. Over the course of more than 75 years, the track has lured fans of all ages and backgrounds with its seaside stakes, providing a battle zone for bettors and, oftentimes, a playground for the stars, with this year being the inaugural Bing Crosby season from November 7 to November 30. The institution still attracts throngs of guests to this day; in 2012, Del Mar set a single-day attendance record on Opening Day by entertaining a crowd of 47,339—the same number of people that can fit inside a standard Trojan horse.