- Tickets to the DICK’S Sporting Goods High School Basketball Boys & Girls Championship
- When: Saturday, April 5; the girls’ championship game begins at 10 a.m., followed by the boys’ game at noon
- Where: Madison Square Garden
- Door time: 9:30 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $10 for best-available lower-level seating, excluding court-side (a $19 value)
- $25 for seating in sections 4–6, 10–12, 106–108, or 116–118 (a $56 value)
DICK’S Sporting Goods High School Basketball Boys & Girls Championship
For the first time in its six-year history, the annual DICK’S Sporting Goods high-school basketball tournament graces the iconic hardwood at Madison Square Garden. Next Saturday, the three-day, single-elimination gauntlet draws to a close as both the girls’ and boys’ games decide which teams earn the title of national champs and, with it, the privilege to chew gum during class for a year. The event has punctuated the high school hoops season every year since 2009, when it was created as a platform for the country’s best squads to compete against each other.
This year’s boys bracket features seven of the top eight ranked teams by USA Today, headlined by the tournament’s defending champions, Montverde Academy from Florida. To reach Saturday’s title game, though, Montverde will have to fight through a field of their fellow state champions, including Rainier Beach High School from Washington and Northside Christian Academy from North Carolina. On the girls side, 2012 tournament winner Riverdale Baptist returns for its fourth appearance. ESPN will cover both championship games that Saturday, broadcasting every clutch shot to a national audience, but only live spectators can be there to join the crowd and shout sensible life advice from the stands.
Madison Square Garden
7th Ave. & 32nd St.
New York, NY 10001