- $32 for admission for one (up to $55 value)
Dates and Times
- Saturday, March 12, at 12 p.m.
- Saturday, March 19, at 12 p.m.
- Saturday, April 16, at 12 p.m.
- Saturday, April 30, at 12 p.m.
- Saturday, May 14, at 12 p.m.
- Sunday, May 22, at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, June 18, at 12 p.m.
Sacred Hearts & Skulls in the Mexican Paper Mâché Tradition
- What You’ll Do: create and paint a traditional sacred heart or calavera mask all your own out of paper mâché, while munching on pan dulce and fresh fruit
- What You’ll Learn: the historical and cultural significance of the paper mâché and the sacred heart and calavera iconography in Mexico
- Who Will Teach You: Diego Marcial Rios, an artist who has been working and displaying pieces made in this medium for more than three decades
Diego Marcial Rios
Signature Service: Mask making in the Mexican tradition
Staff Size: 1 person
Average Duration of Services: 1–2 hours
The Finnish Brotherhood Hall ( Ski-Club Room)
1970 Chestnut St.
Berkeley, CA 94702