- $29 for one ticket to an Exotic Belly Dance show, Turkish dinner, and belly-dance lesson (a $69 value)
- When: Friday, January 16, at 6 p.m. or 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Drom
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 15 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Turkish rice
- Beef or chicken kabob
Exotic Belly Dance Show and Dinner
The undulating rhythms and alluring choreography of the ancient dance of seduction twirl into the exotic global enclave of Drom, which the Village Voice voted Best New Dance Club of 2011. Layla Isis, Mariyah, and Sira sweep guests to a journey in ancient faraway lands, where palaces dripped with opulence and each year lasted 1,001 nights.
After a Turkish dinner, music slowly infiltrates the room as belly dancers entice guests to shimmy, shake, and deliver more-seductive bellybutton winks in an optional half-hour lesson. Once beginners have learned the basics of abdominal allurement, primal percussion begins to ricochet off exposed-brick and scarlet walls as Layla Isis scintillates with moves captured on film in Sex and the City 2. Moving amid shimmering veils and robes, Isis and her crew bring a sense of bold, dynamic expression to the classical Arabic art form.