In terms of difficulty, belly-dancing is somewhere between ankle-dancing and dental-dancing. Smile seductively with this GrouponLive deal.
- $29 for one ticket to an Exotic Mediterranean dinner, belly-dancing show, and belly-dance class (a $69 value)
- Where: Drom
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 15 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Sunday, August 17, at 5:30 p.m. or 8 p.m.
- Sunday, August 24, at 5:30 p.m. or 8 p.m.
- Friday, August 29, at 6 p.m. or 8:30 p.m.
Exotic Mediterranean Dinner, Belly-Dancing Show & Belly-Dance Class
The undulating rhythms and alluring choreography of the ancient dance of seduction twirl into the exotic global enclave of Drom, which the Village Voice voted Best New Dance Club of 2011. Layla Isis, Mariyah, and Sira sweep guests to a journey in ancient faraway lands, where palaces dripped with opulence and each year lasted 1,001 nights. Under an ornate chandelier, guests first dive into a dinner of Turkish-style beef, chicken, rice, shepherd salad, and hummus.
After the meal, music slowly infiltrates the room as belly dancers entice guests to shimmy, shake, and deliver more-seductive bellybutton winks in an optional half-hour lesson. Once beginners have learned the basics of abdominal allurement, primal percussion begins to ricochet off exposed-brick and scarlet walls as Layla Isis scintillates with moves captured on film in Sex and the City 2. Moving amid shimmering veils and robes, Isis and her crew bring a sense of bold, dynamic expression to the classical Arabic art form.
85 Ave. A
New York, NY 10009