- One combo ticket to Discover the Dinosaurs and Discover the Ice Age
- When: Friday, February 20, from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. or Friday, February 27, from noon to 9 p.m.
- Where: Cobo Center
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $30 for single-day child admission, plus five mining tickets for the panning activity (up to $41 value)
- $20 for single-day adult admission (up to $26 value)
Child admission includes access to the exhibit, Dino Dig, Dino Den, Dino Theater, Dino coloring station, and the scavenger hunt.
Adult admission is valid for ages 13 and up. Child admission is valid for ages 2–12. Those under 2 are admitted free.
Discover the Dinosaurs and Discover the Ice Age
The spinosaurus is at your beck and call. It stands amid the exotic foliage of its era, its sharp-toothed jaws set in an almost docile expression—but at the press of a button, it might gnash those teeth, swish its tail, or give a mighty roar.
Up to 40 giant dinosaurs and the strange beasts that came after them lurk throughout each Discover the Dinosaurs and Discover the Ice Age exhibit. Many of them have an animatronic skeleton and warm mechanical heart beneath their piercing talons, curving tusks, and crepe-like swaths of realistically painted skin. Those that don’t move are still plenty convincing, thanks to museum-quality construction and sets filled with roiling fog and dynamic light and sound effects.
Some of the creatures are even arranged to let visitors tempt fate by sticking a hand into their mouths or patting their mighty flanks. And kids can actually climb atop some of the beasts, with triceratops, cave-bear, and T. rex rides among a midway’s worth of supporting attractions.