- One ticket to Discover the Dinosaurs
- When: Saturday, May 16, through Sunday, May 17
- Where: Portland Expo Center
- General admission
- Door time: 9 a.m. on May 16; 10 a.m. on May 17
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $19 for single-day adult admission and a $5 voucher for the gift shop (up to $26 value)
- $24 for single-day child admission, plus five tickets for either the mining or panning activity (up to $36 value)
Child admission includes access to the exhibit, Dino Dig, Dino Den, Dino Theater, Dino coloring station, scavenger hunt, unlimited rides, mini golf, and inflatables. Socks are required for the inflatables.
Adult admission is valid for ages 13 and older. Child admission is valid for ages 2–12. Those younger than 2 are admitted for free.
Discover the Dinosaurs
The spinosaurus is at your beck and call. It stands amid the exotic foliage of its era, its sharp-toothed jaws set in an almost docile expression—but at the press of a button, it might gnash those teeth, swish its tail, or give a mighty roar.
Up to 40 giant dinosaurs lurk throughout each Discover the Dinosaurs exhibit. Many of them have an animatronic skeleton and warm mechanical heart beneath their piercing talons, striped plates, and crepe-like swaths of realistically painted skin. Those that don’t move are still plenty convincing, thanks to museum-quality construction and sets filled with roiling fog and dynamic light and sound effects.
Some of the dinos are even arranged to let visitors tempt fate by sticking a hand into their mouths or patting their mighty flanks. And kids can actually climb atop a couple of the beasts, with triceratops and T. rex rides among a midway’s worth of supporting attractions.