- One ticket to see DISENCHANTED!
- Where: Westside Theatre Upstairs
- Seating: Orchestra section
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes facility fee, but not additional service charges.
- $49.50 for any Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday performance through June 14 (up to $89.50 value)
- $59.50 for any Friday, Saturday, or Sunday performance through June 14 (up to $89.50 value)
You know their names. You know their stories. And now, DISENCHANTED!—back after a sold out run—gives you a glimpse at what happened to your favorite fairy tale princesses after the happy-ever-after. Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and all of their tiara’d girlfriends are back, and their songs this time around are a little less sweet—not to mention a little less G-rated. In Mulan’s “Without the Guy,” for instance, the warrior woman wonders at her fellow princess’s modus operandi (“Be super cute, eat poison fruit, fall comatose / ‘Til some guy on a white horse happens to happen by”), while The Little Mermaid drunkenly bemoans the bum deal she cut in “Two Legs” (“I can’t believe I swapped the seven seas / For a prince and a pair of these”). TheaterMania.com calls it “…delightfully rowdy…hilarious…ebullient.” By putting the emphasis on the original stories as well as the movie adaptations, the adults-only musical draws valuable, off-color lessons from classic characters. For more behind the scenes information on the show see the NBC New York video here.
Photo credit: Matthew Murphy