- One ticket to NETworks Presents Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
- Where: Morsani Hall at Stthe raz Center
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- After clicking “Buy,” you’ll be directed to strazcenter.org to complete your transaction
- $35 for the balcony (up to $65 value)
- $55 for orchestra rows T–ZZ, mezzanine rows E–G, or mezzanine-side rows EE–FF (up to $75 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
- Tuesday, May 05, at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 06, at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 07, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 10, at 6:30 p.m.
Disney’s Beauty and the Beast
The story is, as the song says “as old as time.” Belle, a beautiful young bookworm, feels trapped by life in her small French village. But then her beloved father goes missing, and when Belle goes searching for him, discovers the magical truth: he’s been imprisoned by a horrible beast, best known to fans as The Beast, and this former prince wouldn’t be so beastly if not for a curse that can only be broken by true love. Belle exchanges her father’s captivity for her own, and stays with the distempered furball and his servants—a lovable gang of animated housewares who hope that the heroine can restore their prince’s handsome exterior.
Disney’s animated film dazzled audiences in 1991, netting two Oscar wins. The musical found similar success when it debuted on Broadway in 1994, and continues to be performed in schools and theaters around the world. The theatrical adaptation shines the spotlight on a cast portraying cleverly costumed clocks, frolicking silverware, and the occasional human being. Audiences can also expect to hear beloved tunes from the acclaimed team of Alan Menken, Howard Ashman, and Tim Rice, including the show-stopping “Be Our Guest.”
David A. Straz Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
1010 N. W.C. MacInnes
Tampa, FL 33602