What You'll Get
- One G-Pass to see Dispatch
- When: Friday, July 10, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Madison Square Garden
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- $36 for 200-level rear or 300-level (up to $48 value)
- $46 for 200-level front (up to $59 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- 1996: Three Middlebury College students—Chad Urmston, Pete Heimbold, and Brad Corrigan—release Silent Steeples, their thoughtful, mostly acoustic debut album as Dispatch.
- 2000: A rich vein of social commentary begins to seep into the band’s fourth album Who Are We Living For?, released the same year they are arrested protesting the Boston presidential debates. This will be the last Dispatch album for more than a decade.
- 2004: After going on indefinite hiatus in 2002, Dispatch schedules their farewell concert at Boston’s Hatch Shell. According to Corrigan, they would consider an audience of 20–30,000 people a huge success. The actual attendance was about 166,000 despite having no record label to promote the event.
- 2007: Though still not officially reunited, Urmston, Heimbold, and Corrigan come together again to play three sold-out concerts at Madison Square Garden to raise money to fight disease, famine, and social injustice in Zimbabwe.
- 2012: After 12 years of sporadic reunion tours and surprise sellout crowds, Dispatch gets back in the studio again and releases their fifth album, Circles Around the Sun. Gregory Heaney at AllMusic says that “Dispatch have effortlessly updated their sound… It seems that they continued to grow as a band even when they weren’t one.”
- 2015: Dispatch announces another Madison Square Garden raising money for a cause—this time, fighting hunger and malnutrition in the United States.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 10, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.