What You'll Get
- $25 for one ticket to DMX (up to $38.37 value)
- When: Friday, January 9, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Jannus Live
- General admission
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Best known for: his subwoofer-shaking growl, cinematic charisma, and the hip-hop rager “Party Up (Up in Here)”
- How he started his career: as a professional beatboxer, which got him noticed by The Source
- Where he got his stage name: from the Oberheim DMX drum machine he used in the ’80s
- When DMX became a household acronym: with his 1998 debut, It’s Dark and Hell is Hot, which went four-times platinum
- How his star continued to rise: with the release of the triple-platinum Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood less than a year later, and …And Then There Was X a mere year after that
- …And Then There Was X’s accolades: a Grammy nomination for “Best Rap Album” and an American Music Award for “Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist”
- Movies that have showcased DMX’s gritty acting skills: Belly, Romeo Must Die, and Exit Wounds, where he acted circles around the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Steven Seagal
- Warmup acts: rapper and Creative Loafing favorite Infinite Skillz, good vibe hip-hoppers Rival and Jinx, and California dubstep artist DJ Jonny Quest
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 9, 2015. Additional $2.06 fee applies at checkout. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Online redemption required. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Jannus Live. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Ticketfly's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open at 8 p.m. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.