- for a ticket package for two to see Don’t Dress for Dinner (up to value)
- When: Saturday, February 22, Friday, February 28, Friday, March 7, or Friday, March 14, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Way Off Broadway Community Players Theatre
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Each package includes:
- Two tickets (up to $40 value)
- Two popcorns (up to $2 value)
- Two drinks or candies (up to $2 value)<p>
Don’t Dress for Dinner
Don’t Dress for Dinner is a tale of two Suzies: Suzanne is a married man’s girlfriend, Suzette is a Cordon Bleu caterer, and, for most of the plot, few characters know which is which. At the center of this risque farce is Bernard, a man hoping to send his wife, Jacqueline, away for the weekend so he can spend time with his mistress. But mistaken identities lead to Suzie (the girlfriend) doing the job of Suzie (the cook), Jacqueline suspecting that something’s up, and the wrong Suzie’s husband showing up unannounced. As champagne pops, soda fizzes, and telephones ring frantically, the cast tumbles through a bawdy tale that the New Yorker describes as “light, enjoyable fare, plump with naughty jokes and nice comedic performances.”
Way Off Broadway Community Players
The Way Off Broadway Community Players are dedicated to the magic of live performance. Over their 17 seasons, they’ve lost a theatre to a fire and hunkered down in a former grocery store, but never gave up their dream of finding a permanent home. Now firmly ensconced in longterm digs, the company delights audiences with seasons of ribald farces, hilarious comedies, and dramas designed to warm any heart not safely packed in ice.