A parody both mocks and pays tribute to its target, much like a clown who votes for their favorite politician before throwing a pie in their face. Mix laughter and respect with today's GrouponLive deal to The Doyle & Debbie Show at The Royal George Theatre. Doors for all shows open one hour before curtain. Choose between the following options:
For $25, you get one general-admission ticket to a non-peak performance (up to a $52.10 value, including all fees). Choose from the following dates:
- Thursday, May 10, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 13, at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 16, at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 16, at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 17, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 20, at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 23, at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 24, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 27, at 6:30 p.m.
For $29, you get one general-admission ticket to a peak performance (up to a $58.10 value, including all fees). Choose from the following dates:
- Friday, May 11, at 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, May 25, at 7:30 p.m.
Called "90 minutes of goofy perfection" by the Chicago Sun-Times, The Doyle & Debbie Show skewers country-western music in a parody that follows a washed-up Nashville singer. Playwright Bruce Arntson plays the titular Doyle as he embarks on a comeback tour supported by his new assistant and sequin gluer, the third in a line of Debbies. With such off-the-wall tunes as "(Just Keep Me) Barefoot and Pregnant" and "Fat Women in Trailers," the whip-smart romp tickles funny bones while massaging ears with pitch-perfect Nashville melodies. The cabaret-style Royal George Theatre reinforces the show's illusory Music City setting with country-bar decorations.