Tribute bands will be necessary until society invents technology that prevents rock stars from aging or laws that prevent them from taking time off to spend time with their families. Stay entertained with this Groupon.
- Tickets to see Dr. Fink and the Purple Experience
- When: Saturday, August 3, at 10 p.m.
- Where: Harold Washington Cultural Center
- Section: first floor
- Door time: 9 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $35 for one ticket (up to a $66.65 value)
- $65 for two tickets (up to a $133.30 value)<p>
Dr. Fink and the Purple Experience
Keyboardist Matt "Doctor" Fink doesn't have to imagine what it would be like to play with Prince: for 13 years he performed with The Revolution, the legendary pop singer's backing band. That makes him singularly qualified to state—as he does on the Purple Experience's website—that bandmate Marshall Charloff is "the most talented and accurate Prince tribute artist in the world." Together with a flamboyantly costumed backing band of their own, the duo have dedicated themselves to crafting the perfect Prince experience. Each night, the band recreates the signature dance moves, electric energy, and hit songs of the singer's classic concerts and classic shower performances.