- $30 for one ticket to see Dr. Ralph Stanley and The Clinch Mountain Boys (up to $45 value)
- When: Friday, August 14, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: reserved orchestra
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Click to view the seating chart
Dr. Ralph Stanley and The Clinch Mountain Boys
- Their Sound: pure old-timey bluegrass complete with rapid-fast banjo and fiddle-playing and the twang-filled harmonies of its members
- Their Leader’s Accolades: Stanley boasts a spot in both the International Bluegrass Music Hall of Honor and the Grand Ole Opry, earned a Grammy for a song in O Brother, Where Art Thou?, was named a Library of Congress Living Legend, and even has his own museum in his native Virginia, The Ralph Stanley Museum and Traditional Mountain Music Center.
- Where to Begin: with 1998’s Clinch Mountain Country, which features vocals by bluegrass and country stars including Ricky Skaggs, Patty Loveless, Dwight Yoakam, and George Jones