- $19 for a drag-show package for two (up to $32 value)
- When: Sundays at 10:30 p.m. (admission includes an optional 12:30 a.m. show afterward)
- Where: Inuendo Nightclub, located at the corner of Nevada St. and Southbound I-75 Service Drive (between McNichols and Seven Mile Road)
- Door time: 10 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- 18+ only
- Two general-admission tickets to any Drag Queen Addictions show ($10 value each)
- Two house drinks (up to $6 value each)
Drag Queen Addictions
With big lashes, big dresses, and an even bigger stage presence, April Summers has made quite a name for herself as one of Detroit’s favorite drag talents. Over the course of her multi-decade career, she’s channeled Aretha Franklin, Pearl Bailey, Phyllis Hyman, and other divas, but its her signature take on Patti LaBelle that’s landed her on Giraldo and other spotlight-drenched stages. In hosting Inuendo’s ongoing series Drag Queen Addictions, Summers embodies an equally striking personality: her own. Between bantering with the audience and stopping the show with her talent, she introduces special guests. Each queen brings her own brand of fabulousness and own set of royal edicts to the Inuendo stage, and no two shows are the same.
There’s never a dull moment at Inuendo Nightclub, a long-running LGBT-oriented venue ruled by drinks, dancing, and DJs. When the sun goes down, the volume goes up and the stage lights start to shine. What follows depends on the exact night, but it’s always festive and often a bit salacious—think pole dancing, dance contests, and drag shows that combine glamor with bawdy humor. Guests dance to guest DJs late into the night, pausing only to tip back cocktails and nibble fried and baked chicken, which staff claim is the city’s best and chickens claim should be totally ignored.