What You'll Get
- One G-Pass to Drake vs. Lil Wayne
- When: Wednesday, September 17, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Sleep Train Amphitheatre in Wheatland
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $20 for the general-admission lawn (up to $45.50 value)
- $30 for section 204 or 208, rows 22–28; section 203 or 209, rows 7–28; sections 202 or 210, rows 1–28 (up to $51.85 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- You first met Drake: as Jimmy Brooks on Degrassi: The Next Generation
- But you forgot about his teen actor beginnings: when he unleashed his dextrous hip-hop skills, got signed to Lil Wayne’s Cash Money label, and knocked out hits such as “Headlines,”“Take Care,” and “Started at the Bottom”
- Drake’s stats for those betting on his bout with Lil Wayne: 12 number-one singles (trumping all other artists on Billboard’s Hot Rap Songs chart) a Grammy Award, three Juno Awards, and six BET Awards
- How Drake might win the battle: he’s a little more adept at crooning, as proven in sultry hits such as “Find Your Love,” and “Marvin’s Room”
- You first met Lil Wayne: during his 1996 stint in the rap trio known as the Hot Boys
- But you forgot about his rap-collective beginnings: when Wayne went solo with “Tha Block Is Hot” and knocked out one smash record after another, including all five chapters of Tha Carter saga with hits such as “Pop Bottles,” “Drop the World,” and “Going In”
- Lil Wayne stats for the bookies: four Grammys, ten BET awards, and four Billboard Music Awards
- How Lil Wayne might win the battle: as a rapper, he’s a bit edgier than his friend Drake, and his tattoos might give him bonus points with fans
- How the winner is determined: fans can download a Street Fighter-style app on their phones, then mash the buttons to power up their favorite performer
- What the winner gets: a haze of pyrotechnics and confetti
- What the loser gets: an invitation to come back to the stage, where they join their friendly rival on several of their collaborative songs, including “The Motto” and “Believe Me”
- The winner so far: at the time of this writing, Drake was beating Lil Wayne 11–10
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 18, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Use for admission at Sleep Train Amphitheatre in Wheatland on 9/17. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call the box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Live Nation, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.