Cover bands look and sound just like the real thing, unlike cover audiences, who are just used mannequins holding up lighters. See the real almost-real thing with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to “Dream Lovers” A Tribute to Bobby Darin and Connie Francis
- When: Tuesday, December 17, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Trinity On Main
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values do not include all fees.<p>
- $8 for general admission for two (up to a $16 value)
- $16 for VIP admission for two, which includes table seating in front of the stage, appetizers, and a small bottle of wine (a $32 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
“Dream Lovers” A Tribute to Bobby Darin and Connie Francis
- Where you’ve heard Bobby Darin: his smooth tenor defined a string of rock ‘n’ roll hits and jazz standards, including “Mack the Knife,” “Beyond the Sea,” and “Dream Lover”
- Where you’ve heard Connie Francis: she was the chart-topping singer behind “Where the Boys Are,” “My Happiness,” and “Who’s Sorry Now?”
- How the two of them knew each other: Darin was originally a songwriter for Francis, and the two had a brief romantic relationship
- The musical genres they shared: pop, jazz, and rock
- The musical genres they didn’t share: ’80s hair metal, post-punk, darkcore
- Who’s playing the two legends on stage: Jimmy Mazz and Eva Tereso
- Duets you may hear: “You Make Me Feel So Young,” “You’re the Top,” “When You’re Smiling”<p>
Thunder and Lighting Productions
What do wine tastings, tribute concerts, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show have in common? If they’re taking place in central Connecticut, they’re most likely being lit and audio engineered by Thunder and Lighting Productions. The company has been supplying lighting and sound at area events for more than two decades, illuminating shindigs with strobe lights, spotlights, and—in the case of pitchfork-bearing mobs—torches. Their audio gear includes mixing consoles, amps, and monitor boards that carry sound seamlessly from the stage to the ears of the crowd.<p>