Soul bands still reminisce about the days when riffs cost a nickel and gentlemen took off their hats whenever the Grim Reaper walked by. Cue up timeless tunes with this GrouponLive deal.
- One G-Pass to The Bounce TV Summer Music Festival with Maze featuring Frankie Beverly
- When: Friday, July 26, at 7 p.m.
- Where: DTE Energy Music Theatre
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $20 for general admission to the lawn (up to a $40.40 value)
- $48 for seating in sections 8 or 9 (up to a $97.60 value)
- $68 for seating in sections RT4, LT4, 5, 6, or 7 (up to a $138.45 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
The Bounce TV Summer Music Festival with Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly
- The original name for Maze featuring Frankie Beverly: Raw Soul
- Reason they changed it: According to AllMusic.com, Marvin Gaye took the band under his wing and advised them to.
- Some of their hits you may know: "Back in Stride," "Can't Get Over You"
- Songs the Isley Brothers might play live: "It's Your Thing," "This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak for You)"
- How the Isley Brothers impacted pop culture: They wrote "Shout," which later was covered by Otis Day and the Knights in Animal House.
- The brothers have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Vocal Group Hall of Fame.
- Hall of fame they'd be inducted to if it existed: the Tastefully Dressed Hall of Fame
- How you know Kem: sings "Share My Life," "Why Would You Stay"
- What you might not know about Kem: He decided to turn his life around after he experienced homelessness, was kicked out of his shelter, and had to sleep on the street.
- What he scored when he did: a record contract, three gold albums, and a slew of Grammy nominations