- $10 for one ticket to the Indiana Jones Movie Marathon (up to $17.55 value)
- When: Saturday, April 18, at 2 p.m.
- Where: The Earl Smith Strand Theatre
- General admission
- Door time: 1 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
Indiana Jones Movie Marathon
- The Films: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- The Plots: Architect Indiana Jones thwarts the Nazis’ plan to take the Lost Ark of the Covenant/Indy tries to find a mythical stone and takes on an evil cult/Indy fights the Nazis over the Holy Grail (and makes amends with his long-lost dad)
- Fun Trivia: Indiana never loses his hat (although there are some close calls), that famous standoff with the swordsman was improvised, and the last scene of Raiders harkens to Citizen Kane
The Earl Smith Strand Theatre
From 1935 to 1976, The Strand movie house stood as a marvel of modern technology. The Art Deco building boasted such amenities as air conditioning and heating and a fireproof projection booth, trimmings that made it one of the most up-to-date theaters in the region. But even these perks couldn't keep The Strand from eventually closing its doors in 2002. Luckily, concerned community leaders began the "Bring Back The Strand" campaign, launched an extensive renovation, and resurrected the historic venue as the Earl Smith Strand Theatre. Today, the sparkling space plays host to concerts, musicals, and theatrical productions, and nods to its cinematic beginnings by screening classic films with live organ accompaniment and carefully replicated popcorn.