- $10 for two tickets to the 85th running of the Canadian Derby presented by CIBC ($20 value)
- When: Saturday, August 16, at 12 p.m.
- Where: Northlands Park Racetrack and Casino
- Seating: Outdoor Grandstand, sections FF, GG, HH
- Door time: The Marketplace opens at 11 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Hailed as the event in Western Canada horse racing, the Canadian Derby crams glamour, action, entertainment, and history into one exciting afternoon. It’s been that way since 1930, when the event was established as the Manitoba Stakes in Winnipeg. In 1941, the Stakes officially became the Canadian Derby and began drawing some of the country’s top competitors, including Budpath and Chain Reaction.
This year marks the 85th installment of the Derby. Starting at noon on August 16, horses will thunder down the track at Northlands Park to help air-dry some of the world’s top jockeys. More than a dozen races will unfold throughout the day, including the main event at 5:40 p.m. But in traditional Derby fashion, the action won’t be limited to just the track. In the grandstands, attendees will find plenty of snacks to eat and merchandise to buy, meaning no one should have to ask their favorite horse to chew on a carrot just to nab a souvenir.