- $12 for one ticket to see Marc Andre Hamelin (up to $26 value)
- When: Tuesday, March 24 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Fox Fine Arts Recital Hall – University of Texas El Paso
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Marc Andre Hamelin
- His Claim to Fame: the Canadian pianist is best known for calling attention to lesser-known composers
- Notable Accomplishments: numerous Grammy nominations, residencies at conservatories around the world, and multiple awards including the Juno, the Virginia Parker Prize, and the International Record Award at Cannes
- Highlights of This Show: among renditions of Debussy and Schubert works are original pieces and variations by Hamelin himself
El Paso Pro-Musica
It's hard to imagine going bigger than Handel's Messiah, but for El Paso Pro-Musica, it was only the beginning. Since its first, Hallelujah-filled concert in 1977, the organization has brought renowned artists from around the world to the El Paso and Las Cruces communities—and, thanks to NPR's live broadcasts of the their annual chamber music festival, to listeners across the country. Current Artistic Director Zuill Bailey calls on his globe-trotting career as a concert cellist and his impressive musical education to lead both the company's artistic arm and its ambitious outreach efforts, which include musical "informances," pre-concert talks, master classes, and a willingness to patiently explain the difference between violins and violas hundreds of times over.
500 W University Ave.
El Paso, TX 79902Get Directions