Everyone knows the song about the daring young man on the trapeze, but trapeze artists can also be women, or cowardly men who are just avoiding the gator pit below. Ooh and aah with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two tickets to Emerald City Trapeze Arts presents “Pinstripes and Pin-Ups”
- Where: The Aerialdrome at Emerald City Trapeze Arts
- Section: general admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $27 for the performance on Thursday, May 15, at 9 p.m (up to $50 value). Doors open at 8 p.m.
- $49 for the performance on Friday, May 16, at 10 p.m. (up to $90 value). Doors open at 9 p.m.
- $49 for the performance on Saturday, May 17, at 10 p.m. (up to $90 value). Doors open at 9 p.m.
- The performance on Thursday, May 15 is all-ages; the other performances are for guests 21 and up.
- Performances on Friday, May 15 and Saturday, May 17 include an after-party.
Emerald City Trapeze Arts presents “Pinstripes and Pin-Ups”
Emerald City Trapeze Arts defies reality in more ways than one with “Pinstripes and Pin-Ups”: the guests get to time-travel, and the performers defy gravity. Trapeze artists from around the globe soar through the air, throwing triple tucks, triple pikes, double doubles, and other incredible two-word tricks. Aerialists, meanwhile, captivate onlookers with routines performed high above the ground. And the festive atmosphere isn’t limited to the literal atmosphere—revelers are encouraged to don their best jazz-age attire to fully transport themselves to another era.
Thursday evening’s show welcomes attendees of all ages. The Friday and Saturday night events—which begin at the past-the-kids’-bedtime hour of 10 p.m.—welcome revelers ages 21 and up with a full bar, live music, and an after-party featuring DJ SoulOne.
Emerald City Trapeze Arts
To fly, one needs space—especially when flying indoors. The aerialists and performance artists of Emerald City Trapeze Arts turned to the turn-of-the-century foundry that once housed Canal Boiler Works. It took some renovation, though. While keeping the vintage industrial feel, the artists created a performance space that stretches for more than 10,000 square feet, including a 600-square-foot stage. Strobe lighting and projections, meanwhile, illuminate rough-hewn beams and columns, weathered iron accents, and an elegant mezzanine that overlooks it all.
What some people are buzzing about:
“Awesome experience ”