- One ticket to see Engelbert Humperdinck
- When: Thursday, June 12, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Southern Alberta Jubilee
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- C$33 for the second balcony (up to C$54.40 value)
- C$42 for main-floor right or the rear of the left terrace (up to C$69.90 value)
- Click to view the seating chart.
- How you know Engelbert Humperdinck: as the crooner who for years contended with Tom Jones for the crown of Las Vegas lounge
- Who won that contest: hard to say, but Humperdinck took the title of the “King of Romance”
- His other names: Arnold George Dorsey (his birth name), Gerry Dorsey (his original stage name)
- Where he got “Engelbert Humperdinck”: he borrowed it from a 19th century German opera composer
- The modern Humperdinck’s classics: “After the Lovin’,” “Release Me,” “The Last Waltz”
- His most recent release: “Love Will Set You Free,” which debuted on the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Azerbaijan
- His most tragic missed connection: the Gorillaz tapped him for their album Plastic Beach, but Humperdinck’s agent declined without informing the singer
- What Humperdinck had to say about that, according to Undercover: “[It was] the most grievous sin that had ever been committed . . . . I’d really like to rekindle that suggestion . . . . Hopefully they will ask me again.”