- One G-Pass to see Engelbert Humperdinck
- When: Wednesday, January 14, at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Bayou Music Center
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $30 for sections 104–106 (up to $59.08 value)
- $40 for sections 101 and 103 (up to $80.97 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- How you know Engelbert Humperdinck: as the crooner who for years contended with Tom Jones for the crown of Las Vegas lounge
- Who won that contest: hard to say, but Humperdinck took the title of the “King of Romance”
- His other names: Arnold George Dorsey (his birth name), Gerry Dorsey (his original stage name)
- Where he got “Engelbert Humperdinck”: he borrowed it from a 19th century German opera composer
- The modern Humperdinck’s classics: “After the Lovin’,” “Release Me,” “The Last Waltz”
- His most recent release: “Love Will Set You Free,” which debuted on the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Azerbaijan
- His most tragic missed connection: the Gorillaz tapped him for their album Plastic Beach, but Humperdinck’s agent declined without informing the singer
- What Humperdinck had to say about that, according to Undercover: “It was the most grievous sin that had ever been committed . . . . I’d really like to rekindle that suggestion . . . . Hopefully they will ask me again.”
Bayou Music Center
Part arena, part club, and all about the music, Bayou Music Center has catered to listeners of all tastes since it opened in 1997. James Brown, Steely Dan, Nickelback, and Etta James have all graced the spacious stage, drawn to its dazzling light displays and high-tech audio equipment. The facility also has various bars throughout, from an industrial taproom with corrugated steel walls to a lounge with neon drapery, oriental rugs, and cushy sofas.