What You'll Get
- $39.50 for one ticket to see Esperanza Spalding, plus a $10 bar voucher and poster (up to $58.03 value)
- When: Friday, June 26, at 9 p.m.
- Where: Mill City Nights
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Her mainstream breakthrough: 2011, when she became the first jazz musician to be crowned Best New Artist at the Grammys
- Hats she wears: singer, composer, violinist, double bassist, cellist, bass guitar player
- Styles she fuses: jazz, neo-soul, R&B, and bossa nova
- Artists she’s collaborated with: Janelle Monáe, Bruno Mars, Bobby McFerrin, M. Ward, Patti LaBelle, and Alicia Keys, among others
- 5: age when she taught herself to play the violin
- 4: number of Grammys so far
- 3: number of languages she sings in—English, Spanish, and Portuguese
- 2: how many performances she gave at the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize ceremonies, having been personally requested by Laureate President Barack Obama
- 1: spot her latest album, Radio Music Society, reached on the Billboard US Jazz chart
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 26, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Redeem on 6/26 for a ticket at venue will call. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Mill City Nights. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Mill City Nights's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Mill City Nights
A rock 'n' roll sanctuary with an industrial aesthetic, Mill City Nights keeps downtown Minneapolis hopping with a unending parade of nationally touring musicians. Audiences can get up close to acts on the ground-level dance floor, or head up the metal stairs to grab a seat or lounge at a table. Down in the basement, The Nether Bar serves craft beers such as Summit, Fulton, and Finnegan's, while high-definition flatscreens broadcast sets from upstairs. The sleek decor and updated equipment add up to a winning venue, one that attracts acts as varied as Skinny Puppy, Easton Corbin, and Todd Rundgren to its stage.