What You'll Get
- $50 for one G-Pass to Essence Festival featuring Kendrick Lamar, Mary J. Blige, Floetry, Trombone Shorty, Mase, and more (up to $63.50 value)
- When: Sunday, July 5, at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- Seating: terrace level
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Click here to view the festival lineup
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Kendrick Lamar: His 2012 major-label debut, good kid, m.A.A.d. City, was one of the most hotly anticipated releases of the year, and earned him seven Grammy nominations. Lamar’s hot streak continues with 2015’s To Pimp a Butterfly, which is already winning widespread acclaim for its dense production and deft storytelling. Fans might recognize Tupac, Jay-Z, and Nas in the DNA of his flow, which manages to be laidback even when he’s spitting at 200 beats per minute.
- Mary J. Blige: After dropping What’s the 411? in 1992, the neo-soul superstar embarked on a career marked by even more notable numbers, including 9 (the number of Grammys she’s won, and her ranking on VH1’s list of 100 Greatest Women in Music), and 1 (where Billboard ranked her classic, “Be Without You,” in its list of top R&B songs of the 2000s).
- Floetry: Marsha “The Songstress” Ambrosius and Natalie “The Floacist” Stewart return to the stage after a near decade-long hiatus to regale fans with smooth, pentameter-hefty hits such as “Floetic” and “Say Yes.”
- Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue: With his self-defined “supafunkrock” band, the trumpet hero seen on HBO’s Treme defies expectations of New Orleans jazz with a live set that sizzles with the swagger of a hip-hop show.
- Mase: The Bad Boys Records rapper with a flow as slow as a gelatin waterfall made his mark dropping verses in Diddy’s “Mo’ Money, Mo’ Problems” before scoring two number-one hits with his own singles, “Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down” and “Been Around the World.”
- Also Appearing: SZA | Dee 1 | Dumpstaphunk | Andra Day | Lianne La Havas | Eric Roberson | Teedra Moses | Andy Allo | Jeff Bradshaw | Omarion | Robert Glasper | Tweet
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 5, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.