All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- One G-Pass ticket to Essence Presents Nas & Trey Songz
- When: Thursday, July 3, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $97 for front floor ($161.15 value)
- $72 for front floor sides ($110.05 value)
- $59 for middle floor ($89.65 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Essence Presents Nas & Trey Songz
- Nas by numbers: eight consecutive platinum and multi-platinum albums, ranked #5 on MTV’s list of The Greatest MCs of All Time, ranked #2 in The Source’s list of the Top 50 Lyricists of All Time
- When you first became aware of Nas’s lyrical prowess: his breakthough 1994 album Illmatic, which helped revive the New York City rap scene and now tops the syllabus in hip-hop history classes
- The rapping style that Nas unpiles that turns listeners and critics into Nasophiles: rampant use of multi-syllabic internal rhyme patterns
- His words: densely packed, potent, and conversational, coated in charisma, realism, and effortless flow
- Tracks later generations will enjoy when they open the hip-hop time capsule in 2094: “Surviving the Times,” “It Ain’t Hard to Tell,” “N.Y. State of Mind”
- Latest track that made such an impact it won a BET Hip Hop Award for “Impact Track”: “Daughters”
- What to expect from Nas’s show: greatest hits from his last double-decade, picks from Illmatic (which just celebrated its 20th birthday) and hot tracks from his upcoming album, tentatively titled Life is Really, Really, Really Good
- When you first met Trey: in 2005, when he unleashed his presciently titled debut album I Gotta Make It
- Numbers that tell you he made it: three Grammy nominations, one Soul Train Award, one BET Award, and one MuchMusic Video Award
- His style: a smooth croon that also hops to the hips
- In other words: imagine that the audience is a giant corn-on-the-cob, and Trey’s voice is the butterknife smothering every ear
- Trey Songz hit that might dispels all of the work of Alfred Kinsey and Masters & Johnson: “I Invented Sex”
- Other singles that might elicit variations of grinding and bumping: “Say Ah,” “Successful,” and “Bottom’s Up”
- What you might hear live: new songs such as “Na Na” and “Smartphones” from his upcoming album Trigga
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 3, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Use for admission at Mercedes-Benz Superdome on 7/3. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call Groupon customer service immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.