All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $16 for one general-admission ticket (up to $25 value)
- The beginning of Failure: This LA group grew in the midst of the alt-rock movement, garnering swift comparisons to Nirvana and Soundgarden while touring with the likes of Tool.
- The success of Failure: “Stuck on You,” off 1996’s Fantastic Planet, became the band’s first charting single, but fans were already wise to their inventive guitar work.
- Where to begin: Magnified, the sophomore album that shows the band taking over production duties for the first time, cementing their legacy as pioneers in textural detail expansive sound.
- You first met them: in 1996, when the band exploded across MTV and the alternative-rock charts with the single “Bound for the Floor”
- What made that hit so special: besides the infectiously choppy riff, it’s the best use of the word “copacetic” in a song since Barry Manilow’s “Copaceticabana”
- Since that breakthrough: the band has continued to crank out catchy albums with fetching titles such as Pack Up the Cats and Hallelujah! I’m A Bum, all while achieving elder-statesman status in the Chicago music scene
- Where else you’ve seen lead singer/guitarist Scott Lucas: heading the indie-folk group Scott Lucas and the Married Men, as well as moonlighting in the electronica act The Prairie Cartel
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 25, 2015. Limit 20/person. Redeem on 10/24 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Must be 16+. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.