Though classical recordings can be outstanding, sonic transcendence can only be achieved through a live orchestral performance, replete with soaring crescendos, F-16 flyovers, and a jumbotron with instant replay. Feast your ears on fresh-played music with today’s GrouponLive deal to see a Fairfax Symphony Orchestra performance. Choose from the following options:
- For $20, you get one ticket to see a concert at George Mason University’s Center for the Arts in Fairfax (a $45 value). Groupon customers will be seated in the orchestra B right, orchestra B left, or grand tier B sections. Choose between the following performances:
- Saturday, January 14, at 8 p.m., featuring cellist Sergey Antonov
Saturday, March 17, at 8 p.m., featuring pianist Rick Rowley<p>
- For $20, you get one ticket to see a concert at the Hylton Performing Arts Center in Manassas (a $45 value). Groupon customers will be seated in the orchestra-center section or boxes 1–9 of the parterre section. Choose between the following performances:
- Sunday, January 15, at 3 p.m., featuring cellist Sergey Antonov
- Sunday, March 18, at 3 p.m., featuring pianist Rick Rowley<p>
Helmed by charismatic conductor Christopher Zimmerman and recently praised by the Washington Post, the highly acclaimed Fairfax Symphony Orchestra continues its season with a quartet of concerts celebrating the works of composers from across the globe. In January, cellist Sergey Antonov joins the ensemble to provide concertgoers with a welcoming respite from wintry winds and surprise bear hugs from snowmen, as the duo passionately teams up to tackle Shostakovich’s fiery measures. A pair of March performances usher in springtime when pianist Rick Rowley’s colorful keystrokes reverberate gracefully amid the orchestra’s vacillating melodies and awaken nearby bears from hibernation. During both March concerts, attendees will enjoy some of the most popular pieces in the standard repertoire, including Sibelius’s final symphony and Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite.