What You'll Get
- $31.50 for one G-Pass to Doo Wop Extravaganza featuring Jimmy Beaumont & The Skyliners, Charlie Thomas & The Drifters, The Happenings, The Original Chantels, Willie Winfield & The Harptones, Lenny Welch and The Dubs (up to $52.50 value)
- When: Saturday, September 26, at 3 p.m. or 7 p.m.
- Where: NYCB Theatre at Westbury
- Section: For 3 p.m. show: orchestra sections C or F, rows L–V
- Section: For 7 p.m. show; orchestra sections C or F, rows R–V
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Doo Wop Extravaganza
- Year The Skyliners ascended to fame: in 1959, thanks to their bittersweet 1959 ballad “Since I Don’t Have You,” which AllMusic called one of “R&B’s ultimate agonizing triumphs”
- Where else you’ve heard that song: in the cover catalogs of everyone from the Four Seasons to Don McLean, Guns N’ Roses, The Brian Setzer Orchestra, Art Garfunkel, and Buckaroo Banzai
- Other Skyliner singles: “This I Swear, “It Happened Today,” “Pennies from Heaven”
- Year The Drifters drifted onto the music scene: 1953, when they were formed as a backing group for Clyde McPhatter
- Since then: there have been many iterations of the group, but each one embodies the nostalgic R&B, soul, and doo-wop spirit of the original lineup
- Position on Rolling Stone Magazine’s 100 Greatest Artists of All Time: #81
- What you’ll hear live: “Save the Last Dance for Me,” “This Magic Moment,” “Some Kind of Wonderful,” and other hits sprinkled with stardust
- Current lineup: original frontman Jimmy Beaumont, plus Nick, Rick, Donna, and Donna’s husband Mark, who’s served as the group’s drummer and conductor for almost 30 years
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 26, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Use for admission at NYCB Theatre at Westbury on 9/26. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Live Nation, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.