- One ticket to see YES & Toto
- When: Wednesday, August 19, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Family Arena
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- $45 for the lower arena (up to $80.25 value)
- $29 for the upper arena (up to $50.75 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Founder: vocalist Jon Anderson
- Founded: 1969, making the band one of the godfathers of the progressive-rock genre
- Current lineup: guitar wizard Steve Howe, savant drummer Alan White, keyboardist Geoff Downes, and lead vocalist Jon Davison
- What current lead vocalist Jon Davison shares with original singer Anderson, besides one name: a sweet, lilting tone that rises into the high notes as lightly as a bird catching a spring breeze
- Their sound: richly textured arrangements, virtuosic playing, and shimmering harmonies and chords, all paired with metaphysical lyrics
- Essential tracks: “I’ve Seen All Good People,” “Roundabout,” “Owner of a Lonely Heart,” “Close to the Edge”
- How you know Toto: they’re the classic pop-rock group behind the 1982 mega-smash “Africa”
- Where you’ve heard its members: Just about everywhere—founders David Paich and Jeff Porcaro met when they were two of the most sought-after session musicians in the business, working with artists including Michael Jackson, Elton John, and Steely Dan.
- Number of Grammys they’ve amassed since forming in 1977: 6
- Their latest release: 2015’s Toto XIV, which they consider their honorary 14th album, counting 1998’s compilation album, Toto XX