Without music, concerts wouldn't exist and funk would just be the smell emanating from an old sock filled with corn. Lend an ear to this GrouponLive deal.
- $29 for one adult general admission full-event pass to Fandana Festival 2013 (up to a $60.07 value)
- When: Friday, August 2–Saturday, August 3
- Where: Huntington University
- Gate time: 12 p.m. on Friday; 8 a.m. on Saturday
- Campsites and dormitory lodging are available for an additional fee.
- Click to view the schedule of events.
Though this merchant sometimes offers a discounted price online, this Groupon is still the best deal available. Children ages 6–10 are regularly admitted for $11.54, including fees; children 5 and under are free.
Fandana Festival 2013
- Who you know at Fandana: NEEDTOBREATHE, Love and Death, Matt Maher
- Who you'll be happy you met: Fandana's 2012 talent search winner CoastalRise, Canadian-rockers Red Umbrella, and Kiwis, Rapture Ruckus
- NEEDTOBREATHE's family ties: brothers Bear and Bo Rinehart, who are joined by non-relative and bassist Seth Bolt
- Why that guy in Love and Death looks so familiar: it's Brian "Head" Welch, a founding member of Korn
- Songwriter + jazz pianist + youth-group leader =: Matt Maher, who has written with artists such as Jars of Clay and Chris Tomlin
- What to see if you like to be impressed by high-schoolers: the short-film showcase, which includes work from renowned filmmakers and talented students
- What film to watch if you like to spend most days staring at Tommy Lee Jones: Emperor, where Jones plays General Douglas MacArthur
- What to do if you find yourself wondering what to do: head to the hot air balloon rides, grab bow and arrows for archery tag, or put on a clean white T for the Color Wars