- $35 for one general admission ticket (up to $44.30 value)
East Bay Soul Music Fest
- Fantasia: After taking top honors on American Idol’s third season, she carved out an eclectic career that includes the hit single “Bittersweet” and a role in the recent Broadway revival of The Color Purple.
- Lyfe Jennings: This R&B artist’s confessional tenor is matched only by his fluency in guitar, bass, and piano—a combination that’s earned the attention of collaborators Lil Wayne and Trina. Songs such as “Must Be Nice,” “S.E.X.,” and “Let’s Stay Together” are as likely to start dance parties as they are to transform your eyes into cartoon hearts.
- Vivian Green: Since starting to write music at age 11, this singer-songwriter has sung backup for Jill Scott, netted three Soul Train Award nominations, and released five studio albums, which are riddled with hits such as “Emotional Rollercoaster” and “Free As A Bird.” Her latest album, 2015’s Vivid, hit number 10 on the Billboard R&B chart.
- H-Town: The Houston duo of Solomon “Shazam” Conner and Darryl “GI” Jackson turned stereos into saunas and scored a Soul Train Music Award for their innuendo-free breakout hit “Knockin’ Da Boots.” Their theme of sensual footwear continued with the subsequent track “Knockin’ Your Heels.”
- Force MDs: The MD stands for “Musical Diversity,” a trait that can be heard in hits such as “Tender Love” and “Love is a House,” both of which find this Staten Island sextet layering doo-wop-style vocals over hip-hop beats.
- Chubb Rock: A National Merit Scholar and pre-med student turned hip-hop artist, Chubb Rock has forged a career that’s unpredictable, to say the least. In the ’90s, he rose to instant fame with the hits “Treat ‘em Right,” “Just The Two of Us,” and “The Chubbster.”
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542Get Directions