- Two tickets to Fashion Arena
- When: Sunday, November 9, at 2 p.m.
- Where: Texarkana Convention Center
- Door time: 2 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $25 for two general admission with seating tickets, a swag bag, and parking (up to $54.50 value)
- $25 for two standing general admission tickets and parking (up to $54.50 value)
Though Fashion Arena may take its cues from stylish cities such as New York and Paris, it ultimately celebrates fashion thanks to the American designers it showcases. The traveling fashion show sets up shop in various cities, where it mingles classic little black dresses with lavish looks ideal for galas. The Fashion Opera co-founder Antonio Wingfield showcases his latest collection during the event, creating a presentation that blends the theatrical with the practical.
The Fashion Opera
Antonio Wingfield loved turning his designs into wearable realities—but he didn’t love the fashion world’s narrow standards of beauty. Looking to explore the deeper meanings of fashion, beauty, and the politics surrounding both, he developed a unique concept: using garments to tell a story. Wingfield co-founded The Fashion Opera with Darnelle Sanders, and the two set out to do much more than showcase clothing. The interactive theatrical experiences aim to challenge perceptions about aesthetics, a mission in keeping with Wingfield’s belief that “a garment has the power to uplift the spirit.”