Horses boast many advantages over cars: cheaper fuel, better off-roading capability, and much easier to breed. Choose the clear winner with this GrouponLive deal.<p>
- $24 for one adult entry to the Fillies Race for Hope and 5K Walk & Trot (a $48 value)
- When: Saturday, August 17, at 10:30 a.m.
- Where: Canterbury Park
- Check-in time: 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Adult entry includes the following:
- Admission to 5K run, which begins at 10:30 a.m.
- Choice of pink tank top or black t-shirt
- General admission ticket to Fillies Race for Hope afternoon horse races, beginning at 1:30 p.m.<p>
Fillies Race for Hope and 5K Walk & Trot
At 10:30 a.m. on August 17, the starting gun will ring across the equestrian grounds at Canterbury Park—only this time, it won’t prompt a stampede of thoroughbred hooves. Instead, humans will walk or jog through the starting gate on their hind-legs for the 5K Walk & Trot, the opening event of the park’s Fillies Race for Hope celebration. After the 5K run, participants can unwind with a packed afternoon of festivities that includes more than four hours of horse races, a derby hat contest, a raffle, and a silent auction.<p>
The Fillies Race for Hope and 5K Walk & Trot was founded by Gary P. Speich in honor of his friend Lette Gamble, a breast cancer survivor. Proceeds from the event benefit The Hope Chest for Breast Cancer and the Pay It Forward Fund, two local non-profits that help breast cancer patients in need of financial assistance.<p>