Going to a concert is an opportunity to be around a lot of people and maybe finally collect all those signatures you need to start selling fresh meat in your front yard. Be a part of something big with this GrouponLive deal.
- $25 for one ticket the First Friday Food Truck Festival & Gogol Bordello (up to a $43 value)
- When: Friday, June 7, with the Food Truck Festival beginning at 5 p.m. and the Gogol Bordello concert at 9 p.m.
- Where: the food truck festival is in the parking lot of Old National Centre; Gogol Bordello is in the Egyptian Room at Old National Center
- General admission
- Door time: 5 p.m. for the food truck festival; 8 p.m. for Gogol Bordello
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Food truck lineup is subject to change
First Friday Food Truck Festival
- Number of food trucks attending: 25
- Returning favorite food trucks: Chef Dan’s Southern Comfort, Tacos Without Borders
- Newcomers to the festival: R&R Extreme Wings, Pho Mi, and Gobble Gobble!
- Cold libations from: Leinenkugel and Oliver Winery
- Providers of gluten free, vegan treats known for crashing into kites: The Flying Cupcake
- Will there be live music outside?: Yes, courtesy of DJ OhBeOne and Indiana rockers The Easthills<p>
Gogol Bordello’s performing “Ultimate” at Coachella in 2008
Warning: contains profanity
* When is the next Gogol Bordello record?: Pura Vida Conspiracy drops on Tuesday, July 23 * Where you’ve seen Gogol Bordello: countless international music festivals, world tours with the likes of Primus and Flogging Molly, and that night you woke up in the Ukraine with a missing sock * What do they sound like?: traditional Eastern European music—ballads and folk dances laden with violin and accordion—mixed with punk rock * How much energy is exuded during a Gogol Bordello concert?: enough to make Nikola Tesla consider a life of botany * Where else you’ve seen lead singer Eugene Hütz: in films such as Everything is Illuminated with Elijah Wood and Madonna’s Filth and Wisdom * What if I can’t understand the lyrics?: When music is this propulsive, it doesn’t matter. Nobody can understand what cats say, and people still like cats.
####Old National Centre The Old National Centre takes different forms as one circles its perimeter; from the south and east, the venue resembles a cathedral reminiscent of its 1909 construction, complete with aged stained glass and protruding towers. A mural of camel-backed riders crossing the desert splashes across the Centre’s north face, and, when entering from the west, one can see the nostalgic theater marquee. The decor within is just as eclectic, from the polished marble of Corinthian Hall to the colorful chandeliers and disapproving sphinx that dominate the Egyptian Room. The main performance space inside the Murat Theatre shows off its own color and extravagance, with its intricately detailed central dome and patterned carvings that arc over the stage.