What You'll Get
A dance performance can move an audience to tears without relying on words or slowly filling the auditorium with cut onions. See a stirring show with this deal.
- Two tickets to a dance performance
- Where: The Center for Performing Arts at Governors State University
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $28 for general admission to Flamenco Passion on Saturday, October 12, at 8 p.m. (up to a $57 value). Wine and tapas will be served starting at 7 p.m., and doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- $45 for mezzanine seating to Ailey II on Friday, October 25, at 8 p.m. (up to a $77 value). Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- $55 for main floor seating to Ailey II on Friday, October 25, at 8 p.m. (up to a $97 value). Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Created by Chicagoland studio owner Chiara Mangiameli, Flamenco Passion invites onlookers to experience the food, wine, and arts of Andalusia. A cast of 32 dancers take the stage, joined by guitarists Carlo Basile and Diego Alonso, percussionist Bob Garrett, legendary flamenco vocalist Alfonso Cid, and an elite team of spotlights. Original poetry from Madrid-based writer Luis Lorente lyrically peppers the performance. An hour before the show, guests are invited to sample Spanish wine, sangria, and tapas such as manchego cheese, marcona almonds, breads and marmalades, and roasted potatoes with aioli. While attendees enjoy refreshments, they listen to a discussion on the cultural history of Spanish flamenco.
The legendary New York troupe brings their uniquely energetic, emotional perspective to three distinct dances. Virtues, choreographed by Amy Hall Garner and scored by Karl Jenkins, sees the dancers blending modern and jazz techniques. In the 2013 premiere piece Wings, choreographer Jennifer Archibald creates a world where angels and humans intermingle. Finally, the Alvin Ailey classic Revelations explores the sorrow and joy of African-American history to a soundtrack of spirituals, gospel songs, and blues.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 25, 2013. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at The Center for Performing Arts. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem/purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects The Center for Performing Arts' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.