- Tickets to see The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley
- When: Saturday, April 18, at 2 p.m.
- Where: Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 1 p.m.
- Ages 5+
- $39 for a family four-pack, including admission for up to two adults ($50 value)
- $29 for one adult ticket and one children’s ticket ($40 value)
The Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley
Lots of children’s stories explore what happens when a toy or an imaginary pal becomes a real, 3D being, but what about the other way around? Jeff Brown’s 1964 book Flat Stanley follows a little boy who dreams of a more interesting life—and finds it when he’s flattened by a giant bulletin board. In his newly svelte state, Stanley discovers he can tuck himself into an envelope and travel around the world for the price of an international stamp. Broadway-style songs bring Stanley’s travels to life as he fights crime and weighs the pros and cons of returning to the third dimension.
Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts
Built in 1928, Detroit Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts dazzles patrons with an ornate art-deco façade and lush Spanish Renaissance interior. Elegant columns, glittering chandeliers, and vibrant geometric patterns create a palatial atmosphere in the lobby. The auditorium's intimately arranged velvet seats leave every viewer within 70 feet of the stage, eliminating the need for binoculars or drawn-out games of telephone describing the onstage action.