- $8 for one adult ticket to Florida’s Cow Town Rodeo & Festival (up to $15 value)
- Where: Okeechobee Cattlemen’s Rodeo Arena
- Seating: General-admission outdoor grandstand
- Door time: 1 p.m.
- Children 10 and under receive free admission.<p>
- Saturday, March 8, at 2 p.m.
- Sunday, March 9, at 2 p.m.<p>
Florida’s Cow Town Rodeo
On the second weekend in March, the Cow Town Rodeo returns to Okeechobee Cattlemen’s Rodeo Arena for a full weekend of man pit against beast. Sanctioned by the Professional Cowboys Rodeo Association, the event will pit PRCA stars against each other in a clash for circuit points and cash prizes. The lineup includes such fan favorites as mutton bustin’, steer wrestling, calf roping, and bull riding, with each contest packed with feats of strength, muddy spills, and other reasons why Humpty Dumpty never wanted to ride any of the king’s horses.
Following a recent renovation, Okeechobee Cattlemen’s Rodeo Arena re-opened specifically for this event. The historic venue features covered outdoor seating in a grandstand layout, meaning spectators can get close enough to the action to hear the hooves stomping the dirt and see the tiny scruff on the bull’s neck that the cowboy tickles to make it buck. In addition to the rodeo, Flagler Park will also host a festival all weekend with local craft and food vendors.