Football is the ultimate sport, as it incorporates the fast pace of basketball, the timely precision of baseball, and the full-contact aggression of wrestling down purse snatchers in food courts. Unleash the beast with this GrouponLive deal.
- Tickets to an indoor football game between the Florida Tarpons and Miami Inferno, plus the opportunity to stand on the field with the players during the National Anthem
- When: Friday, May 16, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Germain Arena
- Seating: rows 8–16 of sections 101–103, 109–113, or 119–120
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $30 for two tickets and an on-field National Anthem experience (a $56 value, including the Anthem experience)
- $55 for four tickets and an on-field National Anthem experience (a $112 value, including the Anthem experience)
The Scouting Report
After falling just one win shy of a championship in their first season as part of the UIFL in 2012, the Tarpons made sure to seal the deal in 2013. Last summer, the Tarpons advanced to their second-straight Ultimate Bowl, ultimately defeating the Corpus Christi Fury to capture their first title and avoid having to dip the head coach in gold just to fill their trophy case. Playing a key role in that championship run, fan-favorite wide receiver Carlos Singleton consistently torched defenders for big gains and touchdowns. The 6’8” Singleton anchors a corps of returning Tarpons for the 2014 season, which opens on May 16 with a Friday-night showdown against the Miami Inferno.
The Florida Tarpons officially began play as part of the Ultimate Indoor Football League in the spring of 2012. That season, the team’s players darted and dashed across the league’s 50-yard fields almost better than anyone: they compiled an undefeated regular-season record, only to fall to the Cincinnati Commandos in Ultimate Bowl II. Despite the disappointing finish to that inaugural season, Tarpons players didn’t all hang up their cleats and become investment brokers. Instead, the team dominated opponents yet again in 2013—only this time, they skipped the late-season hiccup and earned the franchise’s first-ever UIFL title.