- $30 for one ticket to see The Gipsy Kings featuring Nicolas Reyes and Tonino Baliardo (up to $69.95 value)
- When: Thursday, June 11, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Florida Theatre
- Seating: middle balcony and orchestra sections
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
The Gipsy Kings
- The Gipsy Kings’ formula: two bands of brothers, the Reyes and the Baliardos, fill the stage with energy—and musicians—as they romance fans
- Their signature sound: “rumba gitano,” a term they coined to describe their music’s happy marriage of South American rumba rhythms and furious-flamenco guitar strumming
- How they got their start: they humbly busked on the streets of Cannes in southern France, roving from place to place like their namesakes before their debut album brought international stardom
- Singles you might know: the boisterous 1987 hit “Bamboléo,” or their unique take on “Hotel California,” used to great effect in The Big Lebowski
- The special occasion: this tour features founding members Nicolas Reyes and Tonino Baliardo, who have been with the group since their vagabond days in 1978
- What you’ll hear: a set stuffed with the band’s greatest hits and cuts from 2013’s Savor Flamenco, which won the Grammy for Best World Music Album
Photo credited to Marie Claire Margossian
When it opened in 1927, the Florida Theatre was the largest of 15 cinemas in downtown Jacksonville. Today, it's the city's last surviving vestige of that era's iconic architecture. Designed by New Yorker R.E. Hall and Jacksonvillian Roy Benjamin, the venue is a prime example of the Mediterranean Revival style, with a ceiling covered in glittering stars and a six-story proscenium arch. And even as the entertainment industry shifted towards television, the Florida Theatre survived by hosting interactive game nights and concerts from underground artists, including Elvis Presley. The space was renovated In the early 1980s, and today it returns to its entertaining roots by hosting live events and classic film screenings.