- $20 for one ticket to Masters of Illusion – Believe the Impossible (up to $42.85 value)
- When: Sunday, February 22, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Florida Theatre Jacksonville
- Seating: balcony or rear orchestra
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
Masters of Illusion – Believe the Impossible
- The Inspiration: the television show Masters of Illusion: Impossible Magic
- The Potential Performers: the darkly comic “Misfit of Magic” Ed Alonzo, escape artist Farrell Dillon, and part-time ballroom dancer Rick Thomas, among others
- The Potential Illusions: disappearing assistants, reappearing dogs, and daring escapes from various deathtraps
When it opened in 1927, the Florida Theatre was the largest of 15 cinemas in downtown Jacksonville. Today, it's the city's last surviving vestige of that era's iconic architecture. Designed by New Yorker R.E. Hall and Jacksonvillian Roy Benjamin, the venue is a prime example of the Mediterranean Revival style, with a ceiling covered in glittering stars and a six-story proscenium arch. And even as the entertainment industry shifted towards television, the Florida Theatre survived by hosting interactive game nights and concerts from underground artists, including Elvis Presley. The space was renovated In the early 1980s, and today it returns to its entertaining roots by hosting live events and classic film screenings.