- $42 for one ticket to Forever Freestyle 9 (up to $60 value)
- When: Saturday, March 7, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Lehman Center for the Performing Arts
- Seating: balcony section
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
Forever Freestyle 9
- The Hosts: Sal Abbatiello—Latin freestyle and hip-hop godfather and founder of Fever Records—emcees the evening with his co-host Speedy.
- TKA/K7: The freestyle trio TKA dominated New York and Miami dance clubs with the hits “Louder Than Love” and “Maria”; singer Louis “Kayel” Sharpe achieved solo success as K7.
- Judy Torres: “The Queen of Freestyle” is known for her long-running freestyle radio show on New York’s WKTU, and for mixing bouncy beats with sad lyrics.
- George Lamond: The influential freestyle singer blends pop and R&B with reggaeton, bachata, and salsa on singles such as “Bad of the Heart.”
- The Cover Girls: The New York girl group is behind the highly danceable songs “Show Me,” “My Heart Skips a Beat,” and “We Can’t Go Wrong.”
- Noel: The singer-songwriter’s 1987 self-titled debut album featured “Silent Morning,” “Like a Child,” and other riotously popular singles.
- Other Notable Acts: Lisette Melendez | Sugar Hill Gang | Rob Base | Soave | Coro | Nocerra
Lehman Center for the Performing Arts
Lehman Center for the Performing Arts hosts a lot of firsts. From Jose Feliciano to Russian music institutions, many performing artists have never played in the Bronx before they come to the Center. That reality is part of what prompted its founding in the first place three decades ago, in an effort to prove that borough residents didn't have to travel to Manhattan or tunnel inside their television sets to experience diverse, live cultural programming. So far, that's included concerts by luminaries such as Smokey Robinson, Patti LaBelle, and Johnny Mathis in addition to folk dance, ballet, and Latino comedy showcases.