- $10 for one ticket with soda and popcorn to The Royal Bachelor (up to $16.95 value)
- When: August 27–29 at 7 p.m., or August 29 at 3 p.m.
- Where: Heritage Event Center
- Preferred seating in second, third, and fourth rows
- Door time: 30 minute prior to showtime
The Royal Bachelor
- The Plot: When King Evian falls out a window, the royal scepter ends up in the hands of a foolish yokel named Yokel, making him the new king. Of course, King Yokel needs a queen, which prompts a hilarious battle royale in which contenders such as high-society matron Agatha Peabody, New York moll Crushin’ Kanisha, and Texas cowgirl Jane Claxton vie for Yokel’s hand in contests based on modern reality shows.
- The Music: Bill Francoeur’s giddy score features toe-tapping ditties such as “The Kingdom’s in a Royal Mess” and “Don’t Butter Me Up (Don’t Egg on Me)” that play off the unique mix of Victorian era humor and reality TV tropes
- For Fans Of: The Bachelor, Survivor, American Idol, Much Ado About Nothing
Fountain Community Theater
Fountain Community Theater opened its doors in 2014 in order to, in the staff's own words, "bring Fountain together through theater and arts." Though their professional backgrounds are in other fields, every founding member shared a passion for family entertainment, along with a drive to inspire young audiences. And while they admit their beginnings took some trial and error, and some improvisation, the team stocked its inaugural season with a staggering 10 productions that include musicals, comedies, dramas, murder mystery plays, and children's theater. If its debut dectet of plays is any indication, Fountain theatergoers will enjoy countless outings in the years to come.