All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Reaching toward a rock star is a popular way to let them know that you appreciate their musical work and aren’t afraid of their baby-like hands. Get close to the action with this deal.
- $39 for two tickets to see Fountains of Wayne and Soul Asylum with special guest Evan Dando (up to a $79.01 value)
- When: Tuesday, October 8, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Altar Bar
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Fountains of Wayne and Soul Asylum
- Fountains of Wayne’s songwriting team: Adam Schlesinger and Chris Collingwood
- Where they got their name: a lawn ornament store in Wayne, NJ
- Is it still open?: no, but you can see it in an episode of The Sopranos
- Song you’ve probably heard: “Stacy’s Mom,” which has got it goin’ on
- Song you should hear: “Hey Julie,” a single that, like Stacy, was overshadowed by the mom
- Other deep cuts praised for their power-pop catchiness and detailed storytelling: “Leave The Biker,” “Red Dragon Tattoo,” “Strapped For Cash,” “Richie And Ruben”
- Movie songs written by Schlesinger that you didn’t know were written by Schlesinger: “Pretend To Be Nice” from Josie And The Pussycats, the Grammy-nominated title track from That Thing You Do!
- Soul Asylum’s sound: the working-class rock of the Twin Cities
- First giant hit: “Runaway Train” from 1992’s triple-platinum Grave Digger’s Union, which won the band a Grammy and a gold-plated railroad spike
- Latest release: No Fun Intended, a 2013 EP which features covers of Joy Division’s “Love Will Tear Us Apart” and MC5’s “Shakin’ Street”
- Where you’ve heard Evan Dando: Lemonheads tunes such as “Into Your Arms” and a mammoth cover of “Mrs. Robinson”
- Other song you should hear: “Alison’s Starting to Happen,” a power-chorded portrait of the earliest moments of love<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 8, 2013. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 10/8 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at The Altar Bar. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Drusky Entertainment's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Must be 12 or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.