Going to a big party is an opportunity to be around a lot of people and maybe finally collect all those signatures you need to start selling fresh meat in your front yard. Be a part of something big with this Groupon.
- $5 for one general-admission ticket to After Rad, featuring The Spazmatics and Piñata Protest (up to a $10 value)
- When: Sunday, June 30, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Spazmatics take the main stage at 4:45 p.m.
- Where: Freeman Coliseum
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Children aged 7 and under get in free.<p>
- What Rad means: The Color Me Rad 5K, a fun run through flying clouds of colored powder; a popular ’80s abbreviation for “radish”
- Sample hits performed by The Spazmatics: “She Blinded Me with Science,” “Take On Me”
- How everyone dressed in the ’80s, going by The Spazmatics’ costumes: pocket protectors, taped glasses, suspenders, funny hats
- Approximate composition of bilingual Tex-Mex punk rock band Piñata Protest: 50% accordion, 50% attitude
- Number of rubber cockroaches used in Piñata Protest’s recent San Antonio–celebrating video for “La Cucaracha”: 144
- Other attractions: rock and magnetic climbing walls, photo booth, food trucks
- Number of people that can fit into the photo booth at once: 10
- Proceeds benefit: Operation Comfort, an organization that provides emotional and financial support to wounded soldiers recovering at Brooke Army Medical Center and Audie Murphy VA Hospital