- One ticket to see The Fresh Beat Band
- When: Sunday, November 16, at 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Riverside Theater
- Door time: 3:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $24 for rows E–BB of the second floor (up to $50.36 value)
- $24 for rows P–JJ of the main floor (up to $50.36 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
The Fresh Beat Band: Greatest Hits Live
- How you and your kids know The Fresh Beat Band: from their Nickelodeon TV show, where they solved their town’s problems through the power of song and dance
- Who the band is: Marina, Kiki, Twist, Shout
- Their instruments: drums, guitar, violin, DJ deck, keyboards, four-part vocal harmony
- What you can expect on their Greatest Hits tour: all their most popular songs such as “Bananas,” “Here We Go,” and a remix of their theme song “Great Day”
- What you might not expect but will get anyway: a cover of “Walk Like an Egyptian” and some brand-new tunes
- The Fresh Beat Band in the words of USA Today: “one of the hottest pop acts on the road”
- And more succinctly in the words of the New York Times: “Beatlemania for tots”
The Riverside Theater
As vaudeville heaved its last breaths in the late 1920s, RKO’s Riverside Theater opened in 1928 and served as a performance hall for just a few years before Warner Brothers took it over to screen their films. Decades of neglect followed, reaching a nadir in 1966 when a carelessly tossed cigarette butt incinerated the proscenium’s drapery, prompting the cash-conscious owners to replace the opulent teal velour with workmanlike duvetyn. A slated demolition in 1982 nearly replaced the theater with a shopping mall before a coalition of citizens convinced philanthropist Joseph Zilber to save the space. In the subsequent renovations, craftsmen installed plush red drapery, overhauled the obsolete lighting, and repainted the faded French Baroque gilding of the auditorium, restoring the elegant space to its former glory and inspiring it to get back out on the theater dating scene.